We're proud to annouce that Axialis IconWorkshop version 6.0 has been released:
• Support for compressed Vista® icons - IconWorkshop now loads, creates, edits, saves Vista® icons. Vista®, the next version of Windows to arrive, includes a new PNG compressed icon format. It permits to create icons up to 256x256 with alpha channel with smaller file size. Axialis IconWorkshop now fully supports this new format in all features: edition, automatic format creation, batch creation, batch conversion, format normalization... Don't wait and create today your icons for Vista®
• New Object Pack for Icons included (Glossy Buttons) - The first Axialis Object Pack for icons has been included in IconWorkshop. It is a library of 150 image objects which will permit you to create an unlimited number of icons with various glossy effects and shapes simply using drag & drop. The images come in 256x256 high-quality PNG format. It permits to create icons containing various sizes up to 256x256 for Windows XP®, Vista® and MacOS®.
• Full tutorial on how to use Image Objects - Creating icons from image objects is easy and produce hi-quality results. This tutorial will learn you how to create attractive icons in minutes using Image Objects.
• Background floating selection - Using this command you can easily place a floating object in background of your icon. This is useful to add a shadow or a colored halo around an icon.
• Copy/Paste Alpha Channels as Masks - Now you can use a grayscale mask image to apply it as Alpha Channel to an icon. Also, you can extract an alpha channel from an icon to create a grayscale mask image.
• 256x256 and floating Preview Window - The preview window is now adjustable (256x256 or 128x128). It can also be set as a floating window (easier to move in 256x256 mode).
• Other enhancements and bug fixes
Additionally, the following pages may interest you:n . What is an icon? (updated)n . Windows vs Macintosh icons(updated)n . What new with Vista icons?n . What is an image object?n . Use image objects to create iconsn . How to create Vista icons?
Because of our Lifetime License, if you've purchased a previous version of Axialis IconWorkshop, you're entitled for a free upgrade to version 6.0.
IF YOU ALREADY OWN VERSION 5.0x:n Just use the built-in online upgrade system to update your version (strongly recommended). You can also download a full install version from your Customer Account.
IMPORTANT: If you upgrade onlibe from 5.x to 6.0 using the built-in feature, the "Glossy Buttons" object pack won't be added to your Librarian. In such a case, just download it HERE
IF YOU OWN VERSION 4.5 (AX-Icons) OR PRIOR:n This new version requires a Product Key to be activated. This key is very important because it will permit you to access numerous services from Axialis in the future (including the lifetime online upgrades). If you're a previous version owner you did not receive your personal product key with your purchase.
Please contact us to Request a product download
*** DO NOT INSTALL THE TRYOUT VERSION TO UPGRADE ***
Thanks for choosing Axialis Software!
[size=85][ October 17, 2005, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Axialis Team ][/size]