[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
Axialis Software Community • View topic - Support for Dual Monitors

Support for Dual Monitors

Discussions regarding Axialis Professional Screensaver Producer

Moderators: Paracelsus, A-team, MarcFou

Support for Dual Monitors

Postby evga_marketing » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:04 pm

Is there a way to have the screen saver play on all of your monitors?

Currently I can only see it on my Primary monitor.

Thank you
Joe
evga_marketing

Re: Support for Dual Monitors

Postby Paracelsus » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:55 pm

Good Question. It's been quite a while since this question came up here. Six or more years, actually. Running a search I found only two topics pertaining to multiple monitors.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1701&p=7400&hilit=multiple+monitors#p7400

The Poll mentioned my Axialis is not accessible as it was in the old Forums. I don't recall the outcome

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=579&p=2344&hilit=multiple+monitors#p2344

I'll pass this along to Axialis and ask them to chime in on the subject.
Le Dilettante Extraordinaire
"I've done such a thorough job of convincing everyone I'm Dim... No one takes me Seriously when I'm being Facetious"
Paracelsus

Postby SiLLC.net » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:03 am

With the last version ( 3.64 ) the multi monitor support ios not working perfectly. Usually the secondary monitor gets dark and isnt used.
SiLLC.net

Postby A-team » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Hello,

We do confirm that in v3.64, only the main monitor is running the screensaver. We've limited this feature because of recurring issues with previous versions. We'll think about adding again this feature in future version.

However, could you tell us what type of screensavers you're making (sprites, slideshow) and how you want to see them using the multi monitors (same animation on every monitors, different animations, 1 animation on main + fixed image on the others...)?

Regards,
A-Team
A-team

Postby jswinehart » Tue May 11, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm using v4.0 and I believe dual monitor support might be the issue we are running into.

We have a computer in the executive board room connected to a projector. When the projector is turned on and the computer is in screensaver mode the projecter does not auto adjust correctly aspect ratio correctly and the screensaver is part on and part off the screen. When the screensaver is not running the project works correctly everytime. We have had the tech guys for the projecter out and verified it was working correctly.

My questions are:
- Does this sound like a dual monitor issue to anyone else?
- Has anyone else had this issue?
- Is there any resolution for this issue?
- Can someone tell me what version(s) does support multiple monitors and where I can get a copy of that version?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Since this is in the executive board room the board and president are very aware of the situation and I need to get it resolved ASAP. Please don't suggest not running the screensaver in the board room, it is a company issued screensaver and that is NOT an option.

Jennifer
jswinehart

Postby TeddyBare » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:20 am

I'd very much like to add my support for this feature as we now have many machines using two monitors around the company.

We'd like to simply have the same display on both and I am using 4.1 of your software.

Happy to give any other details you need to help this one along and am also happy to beta test anything if thats appropriate.

Running Windows XP, with the odd Windows 7 installation starting to happen.
TeddyBare

Postby theog » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:53 pm

They do have support for dual monitors... I created a new screensaver in 4.01 and it works great. Well, it works just like the standard MS screensavers that are included for free.

Guess I'll need to test on more hardware....

I'm running windows ultimate 64, two 22" Hanns G monitors.
theog

Postby neilmerton » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:46 pm

I am unable to get the screensaver to be displayed on dual monitors - it only displays on the main monitor. Has support for this been removed? If not, how can this be achieved?

Many thanks.
neilmerton

Postby mschuetz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:31 pm

It really depends on how your graphic card driver handles the multi monitors.

On some systems the screensavers just play on the monitor 1 on others it gets displayed on both.
mschuetz

Return to Axialis Professional Screensaver Producer