[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
Axialis Software Community • View topic - Axialis Button Workshop or Enhancement to IconWorkshop

Axialis Button Workshop or Enhancement to IconWorkshop

Post here your Suggestions about Axialis Products, Web Site or this Forum

Moderators: Paracelsus, A-team, MarcFou

Axialis Button Workshop or Enhancement to IconWorkshop

Postby cpriest » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:21 pm

First I would like to say that IconWorkshop is a fantastic product and I use it all the time for user interface development.

One thing I find I use it for more and more though is for the creation of whole buttons, especially when working on websites.

Although rectangular images are supported in IconWorkshop, it is not always easy to create them, especially when trying to use existing object packs (which are all inherently square). The preview window is also not geared up to present images that are not square.

I also often create composite buttons which comprise of a left side with icon, a 1 pixel wide central image (gradient) which is stretched across the button width and a right hand side image for the right of the button. This is difficult in IconWorkshop because of the minimum size limitation of 8x8 pixels and so for the central part I have to post process it in paint.Net to get the width down to 1 pixel.

I was just wondering if you had ever considered extending icon workshop to be able to create variable width buttons, or indeed whether there is a market for a new 'ButtonWorkshop' product which is geared more towards these purposes.

It would be fantastic to be able to create great looking web buttons, with a variety of effects (e.g. Glass Buttons) and to have an object pack devoted to this.

I think it would be a great addition to the suite!

Thanks for listening,
Chris.
cpriest

Return to Suggestions