Add icons into an icon library
In the Librarian, you can add icons in an icon library using different methods.
Adding icons using the Import function
1. Select the icon library in which you want to add icons.
2. Choose Librarian/Import.
3. Select the file type from the File Type Drop Down box.
Icons files (ICO, ICNS, RSC, BIN).
Icon Library files (ICL).
Images files (BMP, PNG, JP2, JPEG, PSD, GIF...),
Cursor files (CUR, ANI, ACL).
4. Select the icon files you want to add in the icon library and click Open. The icons have been imported to the Icon Library.
Although ICL is a Windows® file format, Axialis IconWorkshop™ has the ability to distinguish the original type of each icon embedded in the library. If the icon file type was initially ICO, no sign is added near the icon. If the file was ICNS, RSC or BIN, a small Macintosh® sign is added (). This ability to distinguish icons is useful for future extraction and edition of icons (image and file formats are different).
Adding icons using Drag & Drop from within the Librarian
1. Be sure the librarian is visible. Also, be sure the target icon library is visible in the tree. Make it visible if necessary.
2. Select a folder that contains icons and select the icons you want to add into the library.
3. Now, using the mouse, Drag & Drop the icons to the icon library in the tree above. Release the mouse. The icons have been imported to the Icon Library.
Adding an icon from an opened document
1. Open an icon document from any source or just create a new one.
2. In the Librarian, select the icon library in which you want to add the icon.
3. In the icon document, select File/Add to the Librarian or press F3.
4. A dialog box opens, enter the name for the icon in the icon library and click OK. The icon has been added to the Icon Library.
Adding icons from the Axialis File Browser
1. Open an Axialis File Browser window. Choose File/New/File File Browser or press Ctrl+Shift+O.
2. When the window is opened, select the folder which contains the icon files using the tree in the left pane. The same file types as above are supported.
3. In the Librarian, select the icon library in which you want to add the icon.
4. Using a mouse drag & drop, copy the icon files from the Axialis File Browser window to the icon library window. You can also choose File/Add to the Librarian or press F3.
5. The icons are imported in the icon library. If a file contains several icons, all the icons included in the file are imported. When finished, all the new icons are added and selected in the library.
Import a selection of icons from another icon library
1. In the Librarian, select the icon library in which you want to add the icon (1st icon library).
2. In the workspace, open an icon library containing the icons you want to import (2nd icon library).
3. Select the icons you want to import in the 2nd icon library (you can use Shift key to select several icons).
4. Using a mouse drag & drop and pressing the Ctrl key, copy the icon files from the 2nd library into the 1st icon library window.
Press and keep pressed the Ctrl key during the drag & drop operation to copy the icons. Otherwise, they'll be moved into the 1st library (deleted from the 2nd library)
5. The icons are imported in the icon library.
After adding icons to an icon library, it is marked as modified. Therefore if you select another one or a folder, you'll be prompted to save it. Click YES or you'll lose the modifications.