Convert several Macintosh® icons to Windows® format
Using this feature you convert a group of Macintosh® Icons to Windows® format in one operation. This is what we call a batch procedure. We'll perform this task using the built-in IconWorkshop™ explorer.
Select the source icons
1. Open a new File Browser window. Choose File/New/File File Browser...
2. When the window is opened, select the folder which contains the source files using the tree in the left pane.
3. When done, the source files appears (with preview) in the right pane. Select the icons you wish to convert. You can use Shift/Ctrl + Mouse to select several icons. Use Ctrl+A to select all. Use +/- to select/unselect by specifying filters.
Batch convert the icons
4. Choose File Browser/Batch Convert Macintosh® Icons To Windows® (ICO) or Ctrl+Shift+W
5. A dialog box opens. You can choose to convert all the formats () or only a selection () of formats. When done, click OK.
6. The batch operation starts. The hourglass mouse pointer is displayed during the conversion. When done the Windows® icons are added to the folder contents.
IMPORTANT - Converting a Macintosh® icon to Windows® format does NOT change Copyright or Intellectual Property of an icon. The image/icon is property of its author and still property of this author after a conversion. As a result, do NOT redistribute converted icons without permission of the author. Also, some Macintosh® authors do not wish that you convert/use their icons under Windows®. In such a case, please respect author whish and do not convert its icons, even for your personal use.