Create a new icon library
If you plan to deal with a large number of icons, we strongly recommend you to create Icon Libraries to save them. Before proceeding we strongly recommend you to read this topic: What is an Icon Library?
You can assemble an unlimited number of icons in an Icon Library. The extension for a standard Icon Library is ICL. Axialis IconWorkshop™ fully support ICL files. It can create, read and save ICL library files. Also, ICL file format is fully supported by all versions of Windows®. For example, you can customize a Windows® shortcut by selecting a new icon in an ICL file.
Axialis IconWorkshop™ has a powerful feature to support ICL files in its built-in Librarian that permits you to consider ICL files as folders.
Create a new icon library in the librarian
1. To create an Icon Library in the librarian, you must be sure the librarian is visible. If the librarian window is not visible, check the Librarian button in the main toolbar or press ESC.
2. To create the Icon Library, first select the folder where you want to create it.
3. Choose Librarian/New Icon Library or right-click on the current folder in the tree and choose New Icon Library in the menu or press Ins.
4. A new entry is inserted in the tree, type the name of the new library () then hit Enter.
5. The new Icon Library is now created. Its contents (empty for now) is displayed in the area below. Now you can add icons to this library.
Delete an icon library
1. In the Librarian, select the icon library you wish to delete in the tree.
2. Choose Edit/Delete.
3. An information dialog box prompts you. Click OK.
The icon library is moved to the "Deleted Items" special folder. You can restore it back to its original location at any time (see Restore previously deleted items) or you can also permanently deleted them (see Empty the Deleted Items folder)