Add a default background music
Add a default music to the screen saver
1. Activate the Screen Saver project window.
2. Choose Project/Default Music or Right click and choose Default Music.
3. The "Default Music" window opens. In the Music Pathname area, specify the full pathname of the file to use for the background music. You can also click Browse to locate the file using a standard Windows® dialog box. Many of these files are available for download on Internet (check copyright before redistributing). Several file format are supported:
MID (Midi Sequence): This is the most recommended file format for background music (small file size and the ability to be played with collision sounds simultaneously).
MP3 (Layer III Mpeg): This is a CD-quality music playback. CD songs can be compressed using this method. The drawback of this file format is the size (approx 1Mb per minute). Cannot be played with sound collisions.
MOD/S3M/XM (Music Modules): Excellent quality but this is a musical sequence. CD songs cannot be compressed using this format. The file size is small/medium (generally < 500Kb). Cannot be played with sound collisions.
WAV (Windows Wave): Excellent quality but very large file size. Not recommended
4. If the Save a copy of the Music file in the Project document option is checked, the music file will be stored in the screen saver project (not recommended for large files).
If you check this option, the music file will be included into the screen saver file when saved. This option is useful because the music file doesn't need to be present on your hard disk the next time you'll open the SSP document. The drawback is that the SSP file is larger and space consuming.
If you un-check this option, the music file will NOT be included into the screen saver file when saved. The SSP file is smaller but the music file must be present on your hard disk (at the right location) or you'll get an error the next time you'll open the SSP document.
5. If you want to play again the music when finished, check "Restart music playback when finished".
The music will be automatically placed in background if you choose "Default" associated sound in slide properties.
Add a default music using Drag & Drop
1. Go to the librarian, expand Media Files and select the Music folder.
2. Select a music file then drag and drop to the Screen Saver Document window.
3. The name of the Music file displays in the area "Music Pathname" in the Dialog box "Default Music properties". Click OK.
Add a default music using the Edit/Copy/Paste function
1. Go to the librarian, Expand Media Files and select the Music folder or select a Music file from the built-in Exploreur.
2. Choose Edit/Copy.
3. Return to the project window.
3. Choose Edit/Paste.
5. The name of the Music file displays in the area "Music Pathname" in the Dialog box "Default Music properties". Click OK.