Import/Export sprites from the project
Sprites are complex objects composed of several items (image, sounds, properties...). You can already copy/paste sprite objects from one project to another.
Another useful feature is the ability to export a sprite object in a file (SSS extension) to permanently store it in the librarian for example. Later, you'll be able to import it back in another project. All its properties (position, size, speed, motion, collision effects...) will be kept.
Export/Save a sprite in a file
1. Select the sprite you wish to export in the list.
2. Right-click on it and select Save Sprite As command in the menu.
3. A standard Windows dialog box opens. Save the sprite as a SSS file at the desired location.
Import/Add a sprite from a SSS file
1. Activate the Screen Saver Document window.
2. Choose Project/New Sprites or right-click and choose New sprites.
3. Browse your disks and select the SSS files you wish to add. Click Open. The new sprites are added.
Export an image from a sprite object
A sprite is mainly composed of an image. It may be interesting to export this image to a file. Unlike SSS files, the image does not include the sprite properties (position, size...). Only the image is saved as BMP, JPEG or PNG.
1. Select the sprite you wish to save as image in the list.
2. Right-click on it and select Save Sprite As Image command in the menu.
3. A standard Windows dialog box opens. Save the sprite as an Image file at the desired location.