Compile the screen saver (SCR file)
Once your project is created, you can compile your screensaver in order to be installed on the end-user computer. The file that will be created will be compatible with Windows screen savers (.SCR). When compiled, you'll be able to use it personally on your computer or to distribute it as is. No install procedure will be created.
IMPORTANT: Once created, the SCR file can't be modified or decompiled. Don't loose your SSP file!
Create a SCR screen saver
To learn how to create a SCR screensaver from your project, read this topic: Compile a SCR screen saver file
How to install a SCR screensaver file on a computer
When a screensaver is compiled as SCR, no install procedure is provided. You have to follow this procedure to install it on a computer:
1. Copy the SCR file in your system folder. This folder vary with Windows version:
Windows XP/NT/2000 - C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32
Windows 95/98/ME - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
2. Right-click in the Windows Desktop background and select "Properties". A dialog box opens. Select the "Screen Saver" tab:
3. Select your screensaver in the list (). (it should appear in this list if you copied it in the correct folder). The screensaver appears in the Preview screen ().
4. You can adjust the screensaver settings or display it fullscreen ().
5. When all done, click OK ()