Home > Tutorials > Use IconWorshop with Corel Paint Shop Pro®
Use IconWorshop with Corel Paint Shop Pro®
If you use Corel® Paint Shop Pro® to create or retouching
your images, here is how to work with Axialis IconWorkshop™ to create icons.
Transferring an Image from Paint Shop Pro® to Create an Icon
1. Axialis IconWorkshop™ supports the PNG image format with Transparency. In Paint Shop Pro, save your image to a PNG file.
In IconWorkshop™, choose "File/Open",
browse your folders and select your file (Windows® standard dialog box).
- or -
Explorer" or press Ctrl+E.
A built-in Axialis file explorer window opens. Browse your disks, see
the thumbnail preview and double-click the image file you wish to open.
- or -
In the Recently
Used zone (in the main toolbar), type the full
pathname of the image file you wish to open then hit Enter.
3. The image file opens in a document window. Its contents appears automatically in the main area. If the image contains transparency, it has been kept (see the chessboard texture). Now you can create
an icon from this image (see Step 2 of topic Create
an Icon from an Image File).
Top of Page
Transferring an Icon Image from IconWorkshop™®
to Paint Shop Pro®
1. Open an icon in IconWorkshop™. Select the desired image format by clicking on it. It appears in the editor window.
2. Choose Draw/Save Image as Bitmap. A dialog box opens. Choose to Preserve Transparency Information (this will permit you to keep transparent areas in your image file). When done, click OK.
3. A standard Save Image As dialog box opens. In the Save as Type list, select "Portable Network Graphic (PNG)". Choose a destination folder and type a new filename. When done, click OK. The file has been created.
4. In Paint Shop Pro®, open the newly created file. It opens, containing the image with transparency. Now you can retouch it or use it as necessary.
Top of Page
Article written by Axialis Software Team on September 10, 2007.