If you want to promote your company, creating a simple screensaver with your logo bouncing on the edges of the screen is so simple!
Create the Project
1. In the menu, choose File/New/New Screen Saver Project, a dialog box opens. Select the "Sprite Based Screen Saver" type in the list and click Next. A second dialog box opens:
2. Specify the Screensaver Title: "MyBouncingLogo". Also specify your own Description, Author Name, Copyright information and click Next.
Click on the context help button to get more information on a specific area in the dialog box.
A black background
3. In the WYSIWYG editor window, double-click (using the left button) or right-click and select "Properties" or choose Project/Screen Background menu command.
4. A Project Properties dialog box opens (Background tab is selected). Select the Solid Color option and choose Black.
Add the logo (sprite)
5. First, you need to create a nice image of your company logo. Create this image in an external program like Photoshop® (professional tool), Paint Shop Pro® (shareware tool) or Gimp® (free tool). Crop your image just around your logo. Do not leave a black space around the logo. Use the real colors (24 bits), not 16 or 256 colors. If you know how to create 32 bit images with alpha channel, the result will be better. If not, add a black background to your company logo too. Save it to BMP or PNG file.
6. Return in the application, select your project document if necessary. Choose in the menu: Project/New Sprite (Ins) or click the New Sprite button in the local toolbar. A standard Windows® dialog box opens. Search an select your file. Click Open. The logo is added in the center of the screensaver.
Set the sprite motion parameters
7. Now we're going to make the sprite move on screen. Double-click on the logo sprite. A dialog opens. Select the Motion tab if necessary.
8. Choose Straight Line and Bouncing on the edges of the screen options.
9. Now we'll set the direction and speed of the sprite. We can do this by specifying 2 values: The Horizontal and Vertical speeds. Specify 40 in Horizontal speed and -40 in Vertical speed. When done, click OK.
10. We can take a look at the result full screen. Press F11 or click the Full Screen button in the toolbar. The screensaver is executed full screen. Press a key or move the mouse to end the full screen test.
11. Save your project by choosing File/Save or by pressing Ctrl+S.