SVG are used to display icons using shapes and lines instead of dots, which makes them scalable without losing quality. This makes SVG great for websites and applications, where they can be easily resized to fit different screens and resolutions. As a result, it becomes possible to develop user interfaces that are aware of DPI (dots per inch) settings.
Axialis IconGenerator lets you generate customized icons from a large database of professionally-designed pixel-perfect vector images. See the video below how you can create SVG icons in minutes:
The procedure to create a SVG file from an icon is very simple and can be done in a few clicks:
- Select the icon set in the list. Several themes in different styles are available.
- Choose the icon you want to generate in the list. Optionally, you can add an overlay modifier and choose where to apply it.
- Optionally colorize the icon and/or the overlay.
- Click “Create Icons“. Choose where to generate the icon and select “SVG“. Click OK.
- The icon is generated. Now you can explore the folder where it is located and open it using either a SVG editor or a text editor to apply it to your source code.
By utilizing SVG icons in applications or web sites, it becomes possible to develop user interfaces that are aware of DPI (dots per inch) settings. To achieve this, the icons used must be precisely aligned with pixels. Additionally, badge overlays can be added to convey relevant information alongside the icons. With Axialis IconGenerator, you can quickly create such icons in just minutes.